Our primary mission at TAPS FOR VETERANS is to match buglers with families of veterans who wish to honor them with the sounding of Taps. We provide our matching service at no cost to veterans families with funds from donations and sponsors along with sales of commemorative items.
TAPS FOR VETERANS is led by former military musicians who acutely understand the importance of properly sounding Taps, our “National Song of Remembrance” as a way of expressing the nation’s gratitude for a veteran’s service.
TAPS FOR VETERANS sponsors national and local events including:
- BIRTH OF AN AMERICAN TRADITION-The 150th Anniversary of Taps in 2012. Ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetery and Berkeley Plantation where Taps was born.
- A BUGLE CALL REMEMBERED-The 50th Anniversary of Taps at the Funeral of President John F. Kennedy November 2013. Ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery
- 100 NIGHTS OF TAPS GETTYSBURG-A nightly sounding of Taps in the Gettysburg National Cemetery (now in its 5th year). In partnership with the National Park Service and the Lincoln Fellowship of Pennsylvania.
- SOUNDS OF REMEMBRANCE-Worldwide sounding of Taps and Last Post to mark the Centennial of the Armistice
- TAPS ACROSS AMERICA-Nationwide sounding of Taps with over 10,000 participants on Memorial Day 2020 and 2021. This was featured on CBS New-
- THE NATIONAL SALUTE– Nationwide sounding of Taps on November 11 to commemorate the beginning of activities leading up to the Centennial in 2021
- TAPS AT THE NATIONAL WWI MEMORIAL-A daily sounding of Taps at the National World War I Memorial in Washington DC. This is in partnership with the WWI Centennial Commission.